Fireplaces are an enjoyable feature in many Oklahoma homes, but periodic cleaning is important to avoid malfunctions and fires in the chimney. Frequency of cleaning a chimney can depend on the following factors: usage of fireplace, type of products burned in fireplace, and the age of home/fireplace.A simple call to Sooner Carpet, Chimney Cleaning will help ensure that you or your home does not become a fire statistic. A well-maintained chimney that is given a yearly inspection will reduce the threat of fire. The cost of this service is very affordable and is a basic step in homemaintenance. You will be investing in your most valuable possession and in keeping your family safe.Here is our 15-Point Chimney Inspection.15-Point Chimney Inspection
- What year was your home built?
- How often do you have a fire during the cold months?
- When is the last time you changed the batteries in your smoke detectors?
- Do you ever notice smoke escaping from your fireplace when you first start a fire?
- Is the Damper difficult to open?
- Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector in the home?
- Do you ever hear animal noises in your chimney?
- Firebox: All embers removed. Checked all sides for cracks or loose mortar.
- Damper: Inspected with flashlight for proper opening and closing and checked for rust and cracks.
- Smoke Shelf: Thoroughly Cleaned
- Flue: Cleaned and inspected for creosote.
- Chimney Cap: Checked for damage from storms. Checked for loose or missing screws
- Chimney Flashing: Checked to see if securely attached.
- Chimney Crown: Checked for cracks or loose mortar
- Smoke Detectors: Operational and batteries (2) changed if over 6 months old.
Call Sooner Chimney Cleaning: Phone: 405-329-8999